The UK Party Planning Checklist for Online Event Planners
The UK Party Planning Checklist for Event Planners
When planning a party, Eventrii has decided to help you plan the steps,
- Who is the party for? (Corporate, family, friends)
- What's the reason for the party? (theme, special occasion etc)
- What is the date of the party?
- Where is the party going to be? (Hired Venue, Home or bar)
- How many people are you inviting?
- What type of food will be served at this party? (lunch, dinner, dessert, buffet, sit-down meal)
Let's start planning
Use this party planning checklist to guide you through the details:
- Make list of people to invite.
- Mark the date on your calendar.
- Use Eventrii to send invitations and track replies (by mail, e-mail, or phone).
- Plan the menu, including the drinks.
- Make shopping list (food, paper goods, decorations).
- Plan cooking schedule: Determine what can be made ahead and frozen, day before, and that day, and what you are buying already prepared.
- Make list of equipment needed (rental chairs and tables if needed).
- Plan the layout of the rooms. (Make sure all the food tables are not right on top of each other to ensure smooth flow for people to mingle.)
- Plan music.
- Plan lighting.
- Buy or make a centerpiece or other decorations.
- Check your stock of cleaning supplies for before and after the party.
- Make sure you have all the platters and serving pieces you'll need.
During the party
Here are some things to think about for your guests:
- Coat rack (hangers or a separate room to put coats)
- A place to put boots or umbrellas. No trip hazards.
- Cocktail napkins
- Candles if appropriate for the theme
- Paper towels
- Extra toilet paper (You don’t want to run out of this haha)
- Plates (appetizer, salad, dinner, dessert)
- Glasses (water, wine, mixed drink, beer, soda, coffee); some beverages can use the same type of glass but plastics cups are your best friend.
- Plastic cutlery is a good idea, things you’re not afraid to lose or throw away, less washing up.
- Coffee and assortment of tea bags
- Cream and sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Wine, beer, and any pop chilled
- Wine and bottle opener
- Bar garnishes if your fancy (lime, lemon, olive)
- Charged camera battery (Remember to tell guest to upload to Eventrii!!)
- Rubbish bags
- Space to chill the alcohol. It takes beer, wine, and soda 20 minutes to chill on ice. A large tub or cooler can be used in a back room.