Brain injury? You can accelerate your healing. Attend a free online class to find out how.
Brain Power for Brain Injuries. This virtual class, based on the successful program developed in collaboration with the Brain Injury Alliance of Arizona, is now open to the public. Clear out residue from trauma. Activate nerve pathways. Build new neural networks. Optimize brain function. Offered through Highpoint Mind & Movement, your first class is free so you can check it out.
Brain Power for Brain Injuries is a unique program that offers new possibilities for those who have a brain injury, whether it’s from head trauma, stroke, illness, or disease such as Parkinson’s or Multiple Sclerosis.
Brain with stars- Brain Power for Brain Injuries
- BRAIN POWER FOR BRAIN INJURIES
- BE MORE MENTALLY ALERT & AWARE
- REGAIN COORDINATION & BALANCE
- IMPROVE COGNITIVE FUNCTION
- FEEL MORE COMFORTABLE & ALIVE
- LIFT YOUR MOOD & ENERGY
- IMPROVE SKILLS & ABILITIES
Recent studies show us that the brain has plasticity – the ability to modify connections and rewire itself. This ability to shape and then reshape itself allows the human brain to develop from conception through adulthood into old age -- as well as recover from injuries.
We now know that following trauma to the brain, it is possible for weakened neural connections to be made strong and for new connections to be created, replacing those that have been injured or compromised. As these changes take place, you may find you are able to achieve things you thought out of reach.
While everyone’s situation is unique, the brain is malleable and can actually heal, to one degree or another, with consistent work over time.
In this program, I bring together four healing methods that can assist you — to restore mental clarity, improve physical coordination, help you regain lost abilities, increase energy, uplift mood, and enhance your sense of well-being. The movements and techniques involved are very simple and easy to do regardless of your abilities.
- Brain Gym® activities to activate your brain for better cognitive functioning and physical coordination - click here to learn more.
- Lymphatic stimulation to clear out accumulated residue in the brain and body that may block nerve function - click here to learn more.
- Music and rhythm to synchronize your brain’s own natural cellular rhythm, allowing you to more effectively send neural signals - click here to learn more.
- Focused work on the core muscles of the body, including the Psoas Muscle, to re-engage your parasympathetic nervous system which relaxes you and directs energy toward healing and regeneration - click here to learn more.
I combine these methods in enjoyable, uncomplicated sequences to improve your mental capacities, emotional state, and physical abilities. Every class is a different mix of simple, guided exercises which, over time, work together to strengthen, reconnect, and enliven the nerve pathways throughout your brain and body.
Brain Power for Brain Injuries is tailored to survivors of all types of brain injury or trauma. If you use a wheelchair, a walker, or are limited in your mobility in any way, you will find this class is for you. Every movement we do is effective, whether done minimally or maximally, and there are modifications for each movement to fit your needs and abilities.
Please consider taking your first class, which is free, in order to experience it for yourself and decide if it is right for you. After that, only $8/class. This is a unique program that offers new hope for those who live with brain injury. I invite you to come for a visit.